20 Easy Indian Veg Breakfast Recipes in 20 minutes
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is called so because it breaks a night-long fast. We need to refuel our body’s energy and nutrient reserves, to gear up for a new day!
Multigrain Methi Thepla, Breakfast Recipe
Everybody seems to be in a hurry all the time, and the hustle-bustle really peaks in the mornings. If it is not possible to make breakfast within 10 to 15 minutes, people are even ready to skip this essential meal of the day. Whether Indian or International, these breakfast recipes are ready in just 20 minutes which includes preparation time as well as cooking time. There are lots of options for those who have their breakfast at home, and some choices for those who eat it on-the-go or carry it to office in a dabba.
1. Stock up your air-tight containers with muesli or granola mix, so you just need to add chopped fruits and milk when consuming on a time-pressed day! You can even add dry-fruits or dried seeds to give it a nice crunch and enhance the nutrient composition.
Chila, the simple Indian besan pancakes can be made in innovative ways, by adding your favourite veggies, greens or other ingredients to make it as exciting as you want. Try these High Fibre Chilas made by adding buckwheat, the Carrots and spring onions add a bite to it.
High Fibre Chilas
3. Have too many leftover breads from last night's dinner? Transform them into a delicious upma! This bread upma with desi shades of chillies, onions, tomatoes and spice powders, tempered traditionally and perked up with tomato ketchup and lemon juice, is replete with varied flavours that are sure to delight your palate. You can cool it, pack it and carry to work too.
Bread Upma, South Indian Style Bread Upma
4. Who doesn't like sandwich?! Make these Cheese and Spring Onion Sandwich with its rich mouth-feel and irresistible aroma, is both a sumptuous and tasteful treat. You can simply make the stuffing at night and refrigerate and apply it on toasted bread in the morning.
Cheese and Spring Onion Sandwich
5. Idli, dosa and dhokla are also much loved by everyone but you must plan ahead to soak, grind or ferment batters. Don't worry! We have got Instant Whole Wheat Vegetable Dosa. A quick batter made with the most readily available ingredient – wheat flour. Note that this is not a tiffin recipe. You need to serve it immediately.
Instant Whole Wheat Vegetable Dosa, Atte ka Chila
6. Stuffed Rava Idli Vegetable Sandwich is also easy to prepare because you don’t need to grind or ferment the batter – just mix and make. Relish it with hot sambhar and chutney!
Stuffed Rava Idli Vegetable Sandwich
7. Poha and Upma are two traditional Indian breakfast. This quick Kanda Batata Poha tastes best when had hot and fresh, but it can also be carried in the snack box.
Batata Poha, Aloo Poha
8. Don't forget to try our Eggless French Toast. Yesss... you read it right. Eggless French Toast. Go ahead and try now these lovely breakfast recipes!!
French Toast, Eggless French Toast
9. Theplas have a very homely feel too. While you can make them plain with addition of only spices, here we present Methi Thepla which also has a hints of garlic and sesame seeds. You can be slightly more creative and make Multigrain Methi Thepla also. Top up your iron levels and be energetic through the day.
Methi Thepla, Thepla Recipe
10. Omelette is another favourite breakfast option across the world. Most restaurants offer it as a part of their meal plan option. Egg Omelette is preferred by non-vegetarians, but vegetarians do not despair. Try the Veg Cheese Omelette. It’s a family meal time together which is sure to be enjoyed by kids and adults both. Want to make it a more satiating snack? Serve it with toasted bread slices.
11. Dainty Mini Jowar Pancakes can be assembled, cooked and served on the table in just 15 minutes. This snack is healthy too as it makes use of jowar flour and cucumber. As a variation you can substitute cucumber with grated carrots too.
Mini Jowar Pancakes
12. Tomato Upma is a quick tangy upma recipe made from simple everyday ingredients like tomatoes, rava (sooji), onions and Indian spices. tomato upma makes a quick and easy breakfast, with an appetizing aroma and the tangy flavour of tomatoes.
13. Leftover Idlis can be easily presented in the form of Idli Chilli. Some veggies, a few spices and red chilli sauce is all you need to quickly make this breakfast. It is not just ready within 20 minutes, but this tongue tickling delicacy can be carried in a tiffin box and can be enjoyed with re-heating too!
Idli Chilli, Chilli Idli, Idli Snack
14. Maharashtrians quickly assemble Upvaas Thalipeeth for breakfast or snack during their fasting days. This is a meal in itself too. Being made with a mix of grated potatoes, rajgira flour and peanuts, it is highly satiating.
15. Poha Dhokla which needs no fermentation is also a less than 20 minute breakfast. This recipe requires no fermentation. A green chutney is the best accompaniment to complete this breakfast.
16. Gujaratis make a simple snack Masala Puri and serve it with chunda. If you wish you can knead the dough and refrigerate it the previous night. So all you have to do is thaw it for 5 minutes, roll puris, fry and serve. This is a tasy breakfast when you do nt have much time on hand to make delicious elaborate breakfast.
Masala Puris Served with Curds and Chunda
17. Gobi Paratha is a famours North Indian breakfast. Served with achaar and dahi. This is sold on the streets of the North India too. This recipe is for all those who wish to start their day with a truly snazzy note. A dollop of ghee or butter while serving enhances their flavour and appeal both.
Gobi Paratha, Punjabi Gobi Paratha
18. Corn Poha is another variation to regular Poha. Filling and tasty this is ideal for breakfast for people of all ages. It can be prepared and served without much to do. It’s a convenient breakfast which can be packed and enjoyed even after 2 hours.
19. Kids will love the interplay of textures and flavours in this Indian style Baked Beans on Toast, especially the combined taste and mouth-feel of mealy baked beans, yummy cheese and tangy tomato ketchup. Even adults would love to indulge in this quick bread and cheese combo breakfast.
Beans On Toast
20. You can start your day with tangy tasty Cucumber Sandwich. This is so easy that once the stuffing is ready, kids can also help you assembling the breakfast for the entire family. Serve them with a milkshake to make a complete quick satiating 20-minute breakfast meal.
Cucumber Cottage Cheese Sandwich, Cucumber Paneer Sandwich for Kids
Go ahead and try now these lovely breakfast recipes!!