Quick Mango Chunda, Aam ka Chunda, Gujarati Raw Mango Sweet Pickle
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 176 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 118463 times
Mango chunda is a preserve that is common to all Gujarati households. The traditional preparation of chunda is time consuming, the heat of sun being used to dissolve the sugar till the pickle reaches a clear syrupy consistency and the mango shreds are translucent.
This is a quick version of this very popular recipe that tastes superb and is surprisingly easy to prepare. The secret of making a perfect chunda is the one string consistency which is very important. This simple recipe will help you stock up a year's supply of mango chunda.
Chunda is popularly served with plain theplas or methi theplas , but you can also enjoy with rotis, puris and parathas .
- Combine the mangoes, sugar, turmeric powder and salt in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally or till the sugar melts completely.
- Once the mixture starts bubbling, mix it well and cook on slow flame for 6 minutes ,while stirring continuously or till 1 string consistency.
- Switch off the flame, transfer it to a deep bowl and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the chilli powder and cumin seeds powder and mix well.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container and store in a dry, cool place for 1 year.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||0 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.