Baked Bean Hot Dog Roll
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 84 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36030 times
An assortment of veggies, sautéed and cooked along with baked beans and tomato ketchup, is stuffed into fresh hot dog rolls and baked with a sprinkling of cheese. Call it a snack if you may, but the Baked Bean Hot Dog Roll is actually a wholesome and tasteful meal in its own right. While it is best served immediately, you could also wrap it in butter paper and relish on-the-go.
- Slit and scoop the centre of each hot dog roll , using a teaspoon so that a light depression is formed for the stuffing.
- Brush little butter on each hot dog roll. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the french beans, carrots, potatoes and ½ cup of water, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the vegetables are soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the baked beans, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a hot dog roll on a clean, dry surface and put 1 portion of the stuffing on it, sprinkle ½ tbsp grated cheese evenly over it.
- Repeat step 7 to make 3 more rolls and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per roll
|Vitamin A||257.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||14.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||37.8 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.