Ragi Upma ( Iron Rich)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 55 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 105071 times
Ragi Upma is a great breakfast option when you want to have a healthy yet easy breakfast. Red millet flour, so full of fibre and iron, makes this a super-nutritious dish. So, although the colour of this upma is not so appealing, its nutrient quotient is, making it a must-try. Make sure you serve it immediately or it will turn lumpy.
- Dry roast the ragi flour and semolina in a broad non-stick kadhai on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves, green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the roasted ragi- semolina mixture and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of hot water and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the water evaporates, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coriander, mix well and cover and keep aside for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.