Bajra Khichu with Masala Dahi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35384 times
Khichu is a quick and easy snack, which never fails to sort out a sudden hunger pang! This all-time favourite Gujarati snack has a dough-like consistency and a semi-spicy taste, which is very pleasing to the palate when had hot and fresh.
Here is a fabulous khichu made with bajra flour. It has a nice, homely taste that combines beautifully with curds, flavoured with spice powders and an aromatic tempering.
Serve the Bajra Khichu with Masala Dahi immediately after preparation as it tends to thicken very fast.
Have a go at other bajra based snacks like the Bajra Onion Muthia and Bajra, Rice and Sprouts Moong Puda .
- Combine the curds, sugar and salt in a deep bowl, mix well using a whisk.
- Heat oil in a small non-stick pan, add cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Switch off the flame, add the garam masala, chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Pour it over the curd mixture and coriander and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat ¾ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the baking soda, cumin seeds, green chillies, salt and oil, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the bajra flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously with help of a rolling pin.
- Serve immediately topped it with masala dahi.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.