Bajra Onion Muthia, Bajra Onion Kadhai Muthia
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 122 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 77566 times
While muthias can be prepared in varied methods ranging from baking and deep-frying to steaming, you will find that cooking them in a kadhai is not only convenient but also gives them a richer flavour and wonderful texture. Here we show you how to make amazing Bajra Onion Muthias using a non-stick kadhai.
It is important that you do not stir the muthias too often when they cook. Even though it might seem as if they are sticky or disintegrating when they cook, do not worry. Just continue cooking with an occasional stir, and you will end up with fabulous muthias. These muthias also have a tongue-tickling flavour thanks to peppy but readily-available spice powders, and are sure to be enjoyed by everybody.
We have many more delectable muthia recipes like- Palak and Doodhi Muthia , Mooli Muthia , Cabbage Jowar Muthias , Lapsi Methi Muthias and Doodhi Muthia .
- Combine the bajra flour, onions, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds, ginger-green chilli paste, sugar, coriander, soda bi-carb, salt and 1 tsp of oil in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Apply a little oil on your hands and divide the mixture into 8 equal portions. Shape each portion into a cylindrical roll approximately 100 mm. (4") length.
- Cut into 25 mm. (1") in diameter slices and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cumin seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the muthia pieces, ½ cup of water, mix gently and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Add more ¼ cup of water, mix gently and cook on a slow flame for another 8 minutes or till all the water evaporates.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Bajra Onion Muthia video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.