Low Cal Weight Loss Indian Veg Recipes
Many would agree that the most difficult aspect of weight-loss is dealing with the misconceptions! How does one filter the good advice from the bad, the practical suggestions from the impractical ones! Swimming headlong into the world of dieting without arming themselves with the right information, people often end up going overboard with their weight-loss measures. They strictly avoid their favourite dishes, go on crash diets, and end up spoiling their health and appetite in the long run!
8 Tips to Follow a Low Calorie Veg Diet
1. Adopt healthy lifestyle practices, and cook and eat smart.
2. Eat coloured fruits and vegetables. They are loaded with Antioxidants and loads of disease fighting properties.
3. Exercise daily. That is a must. You must try and pick up a sport you love or try and exercise with friends. Yes, use the Gym also even if you are 70 years old.
4. Modify the recipes by replacing the high-calorie ingredients with low-calorie ones! Note if you are fit and lean, the you can have healthy high fat food. It will keep you feeling fuller and satisfied for a longer time. So you can opt for full fat paneer or curd.
5. Do not completely abstain from oils, dairy products etc. will lead to various deficiencies and diseases in the long run. Instead choose it wisely. Opt for olive oil as much as possible a it is good in Omega 3 fatty acids and choose Paneer over cheese always.
6. Eat small frequent meals every 2 to 3 hours. Thats a must. If you are working keeps some healthy snacks by your side or carry them if you are out of the house for a long time.
7. Try and get some Protein, Fat, Complex Carbs in all your meals. For Vegetarians, have your dal, paneer, curd to top of your protein.
8. Homemade food is the best and the healthiest. Cook your food and you know what you are putting into it. Avoid deep frying your food and stay away from packaged food which will solve 80% of your problems. Importantly, cut sugar consumption as it causes immediately inflammation in your body which can last for 4 to 6 hours and stores as fat immediately. Watch out for soft drinks, candy, chocolates etc.
To guide you through your weight loss journey for a low cal lunch you could try some low cal parathas, dals, rice and raitas. Then some healthy low cal snacks for evening and Dinner can be low cal soups and subzis. End with some good low cal Sweets.
This section includes newer and more innovative recipes. It has variants of traditional dishes as well as new ones, covering the whole gamut of the meal spread, ranging from soups and snacks to desserts. Try out recipes such as Bajra Whole Moong and Green Pea Khichdi, Almond Bread, Baked Oats Puri, Carrot Garlic Chutney, Eggless Chocolate Pudding and so on, and feel free to experiment on your own too.
Plan your balanced meals from these recipes, which are 'smart' rather than just low-cal, and enjoy good health! Stay fit, stay slim! Wish you a happy and healthy cooking experience.