Low Calorie Indian Starters, Low Calorie Indian Snacks | weight loss Indian snacks, starters |
low calorie Indian snacks. low calorie Indian starters. No one would like to give up snacks and starters, even when on a weight loss regime. This section is an attempt to make the weight loss menu more interesting. With more than 100 recipes in this section, you are sure to be pleased by a few.
With options like Baked Oats Puri and Buckwheat Dhoklas, Bajra Carrot and Onion Uttapa and Masala Vadai from South, Cauliflower and Oats Tikki .
Baked Oats Puri
Healthy Moong Chaat from North along with Jowar and Til Nimki from East, this section has recipes to please people across India.
Bajra, Carrot and Onion Uttapa
Along with these also find a few more recipes like Lettuce Wraps, Masala Baked Twisters, Almond Bread, Broccoli and Paneer Satay in Red Pepper Sauce etc. to add more variety to your snacks.
Almond Bread, Homemade Almond Bread Without Eggs
1. Befriend veggies and sprouts to create your own healthy snack.
2. Not get carried away too much with the flavours of these snacks. Keep a check on your portion size.
3. Cook certain snacks like Low Fat fries absolutely occasionally. Treat yourself with it when you have achieved a particular weight loss goal.
Buckwheat Pancakes, Kuttu Pancake Diabetic Snacks
4. Not serve these snacks with fat laden accompaniments.
Low Calorie Indian Snacks & Starters, Steamed Snacks
1. These Karela Muthias will surely make you a fan of karela, the addition of onions and garlic adds to its flavour. They are good for weight watchers and also diabetic friendly.
2. Oats Methi Muthia recipe proves that you can make healthier versions of almost any dish by throwing in a few thoughtful ingredients like oats and methi in this case. Steaming ensures minimal use of oil making this a great option for weight-watchers.
Oats Methi Muthia
3. Dal Pandoli is a gujarati steamed snack great for weight loss loaded with nutrients like protein, fibre, vitamin A and iron.
Enjoy this healthy steamed snack with Healthy Green Chutney.
Low Calorie Indian Snacks & Starters, Low Calorie Tikkis
Chana Dal and Cabbage Tikki
Be it a kid or an adult, tikkis are loved by one and all. Make your tikkis fibre rich by adding ingredients like oats and sprouts.
1. Mixed Sprouts and Chana Dal Tikki is a great way to add fibre to your daily diet, have them with low calorie chutney or low calorie dips of your choice.
Mixed Sprouts and Chana Dal Tikki
2. Oats and Moong Dal Tikki is perfect for evening snacks to satisfy your hungry tummy as they are quite filling. Add goodness of soya and spinach to your tikkis.
Oats Moong Dal Tikki
3. Hara Bhara Soya Tikkis, it’s good for people on a weight loss diet. Moreover, the garlic in it will also help in reducing cholesterol levels.
Low calorie Indian starters
1. Malai paneer balls mixed with sesame seeds
Malai Paneer Mixed Sesame Seed Balls, Cold Starter
2. Malai paneer dill balls
Malai Paneer Dill Balls, Cold Starter
3. Masala Appe : Quick and easy snack made with idli batter, the Masala Appe is worth calling as Magic Appe, because it’s superb texture and amazing flavour make it a great hit with everybody.
4. Spicy tava idlis : leftover idlis cooked on a tava in butter with Indian spices and vegetables. Hence they are also called South Indian tava vegetable idlis due to the presence of onions and tomatoes.
Spicy Tava Idlis
5. This healthy moong dal paneer tikki is good for your heart, helps control acidity and can be enjoyed by diabetics too. The fibre in yellow moong dal prevents the deposition of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the arteries, thereby improving heart health.
Moong Dal and Paneer Tikki (low Calorie Snack)
6. Moong dal ki chaat : healthy moong dal chaat has a combo of protein rich yellow moong dal and nutria-dense fruits and veggies.
Moong Dal Ki Chaat (100 Calorie Snacks)
Low Calorie Gujarati recipes
The Gujaratis love their low calorie homemade snacks from
1. Moong Dal Dhokla
Moong Dal Dhokla
2. Green Peas Panki
Green Pea Pankis
3. Methi Moong Dal Dhokla
Methi Moong Dal Dhokla
4. Nachni Khichu which is rich in protein, fibre and iron.
5. Masala Khakhra with only 54 calories.
6. healthy khakhra chivda as perfect snacks to carry on the go or keep at work.
Healthy Khakhra Chivda, Healthy Jar Snack
Low calorie healthy South Indian recipes
See the healthiest low calorie idli options we have.
1. dal and vegetable idli recipe
Dal and Vegetable Idli
2. moong sprouts and palak idli recipe,
Sprouts and Palak Idli
3. green moong dal and vegetable idli recipe or
4. barley idli which has no rice.
Low calorie healthy Indian rotis :
Our collection of rotis does not use plain flour, sugar, or any other unhealthy ingredients.
1. bajra roti,
2. jowar roti, .
3. stuffed nachni roti recipe ,
Stuffed Nachni Roti, Healthy Ragi Roti
4. ragi roti recipe, and
5. whole wheat roti
See our super healthy low calorie dosa recipes. These recipes have no rice used.
1. nachni dosa,
Nachni Dosa, Ragi Dosa Made with Whole Nachni
2. quinoa dosa,
3. oats dosa,
Healthy Oats Dosa
4. 4 Flour Dosa recipe,
4 Flour Dosa, Mixed Flour Dosa
5. spinach dosa or
6. buckwheat dosa which has ZERO rice used.
Serve it with a healthy sambar or coconut chutney.
Enjoy these low calorie Indian snacks, low calorie Indian starters with a healthy accompaniment of your choice and the low calorier articles below.
Low Calorie Chutneys
Low Calorie Rice / Pulao / Khichdi / Biryani
Low Calorie Rotis Parathas
Low Calorie Salads & Raitas
Low Calorie Soups