Homemade Veg Protein Powder
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 81059 times
Athletes, sportsmen, dancers and even those recuperating from some health problems are often recommended to have a protein supplement.
However, many people are wary of the contents of commercially available protein powders and whether it will suit them. Not to worry. You can make an effective Homemade Veg Protein Powder easily.
Seeds are tiny treasure-troves of protein and form the bulk of this powder. It is important to roast and blend each seed separately as the texture and density of each seed is different.
If you try to roast and blend them all together, you might not get a fine powder. This protein powder is free of dairy products, grains, nuts and gluten, so it is quite safe for most people.
You can also try other interesting homemade healthy recipes like Homemade Peanut Butter, Homemade Oats Milk , Homemade Almond Butter , Homemade Multigrain Bread and Almond Milk.
Enjoy how to make Homemade Veg Protein Powder recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan and dry roast hemp seeds for 5 minutes on medium flame, while tossing occasionally. Remove and keep aside to cool completely.
- Heat the same broad non-stick pan and dry roast pumpkin seeds for 4 minutes on medium flame , while tossing occasionally. Remove and keep aside to cool completely.
- Heat the same broad non-stick pan and dry roast sunflower seeds for 3 minutes on medium flame , while tossing occasionally. Remove and keep aside to cool completely.
- Repeat step 3 with flax seeds and chia seeds.
- Blend the hemp seeds in a mixer to smooth powder. Keep aside.
- Repeat step 5 with pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and chia seeds separately to a fine powder.
- Combine all the smooth powders in a deep bowl and mix very well.
- Store in an air-tight container, refrigerate it and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.