Chola Dal Panki
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40201 times
- To make chola dal panki, combine the chola dal, spinach leaves and ½ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the ginger-green chilli paste, oil, asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Apply a little oil on one side of each banana leaf.
- Place 2 greased banana leaves on a flat surface with the greased side facing upwards.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the batter on one banana leaf and cover with the other greased banana leaf with the greased side facing downwards.
- Press it gently to spread the batter evenly to make a thin layer.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the panki on both sides till light brown spots appear on the banana leaves and the panki in-between peels off the banana leaves easily.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 to make 14 more pankis.
- Serve chola dal panki immediately with healthy green chutney.
Nutrient values per panki
|Energy|| 44 kcal|
|Protein|| 2.6 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 5.8 gm|
|Fat|| 1.1 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.7 gm|
|Iron|| 0.9 mg|
|Folic acid|| 17.0 mcg|
|Vitamin A|| 136.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.