corn panki recipe | Gujarati sweet corn panki | Indian corn coriander panki |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 740 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 127968 times
corn panki recipe | Gujarati sweet corn panki | Indian corn coriander panki | with 31 amazing images.
corn panki recipe | Gujarati sweet corn panki | Indian corn coriander panki is a wonderful steamed snack which can lure anyone with its soft texture. Learn how to make Gujarati sweet corn panki.
Panki is a thin pancake which has a unique way of cooking. It has a homely aroma and rustic flavour which is achieved by cooking the pankis in between banana leaves. Here a unique batter of grated sweet corn, besan and rava is used to make this delicious and attractive Indian corn coriander panki.
Without onion, garlic or any overwhelming spices, this dish is very soothing to the palate. Yet, this Gujarati sweet corn panki has a very irresistible flavour, thanks to coriander, green chillies. Enjoy this hot and fresh with tongue-tickling green chutney You can view many more Gujarati farsans.
Tips for corn panki. 1. You can make the batter in advance and prepare the panki when you want to eat them. 2. Panki means cooked between the banana leaves or corn leaves. A Tarla Dalal member suggested you can also use corn mielie leaves and that works well. 3. You can cook 3 to 4 pankis at one time on a tava. 4. If the mixture is too watery, add besan. 5. Let the guest remove the banana leaves when you serve them. That way the panki will remain hot and retain steam.
Enjoy corn panki recipe | Gujarati sweet corn panki | Indian corn coriander panki | with step by step photos.
- To make corn panki, combine all the ingredients along with 2 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Apply a little oil on one side of each banana leaf and keep aside.
- Put 2 tbsp of the batter on one half of the greased side on a banana leaf and spread it evenly.
- Place another greased banana leaf with the greased side facing downwards over it and press it lightly.
- Cook on a non-stick pan or a tava (griddle) till light brown spots appear on the leaves and the panki in between peels off the leaf easily.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more pankis.
- Serve the corn panki immediately with green chutney.
- You can cook 3 to 4 pankis at one time on a tava.
Corn Panki Video by Tarla Dalal
Corn Panki recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per panki
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.