Rajma and Cottage Cheese Tacos
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 169 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55456 times
Here is a fantastic, colourful and fun-filled snack, which the whole family will enjoy. You will especially be happy to see your kids grow with this protein-rich delight. Whole-wheat taco shells made with maize and wheat flours flavoured mildly with carom seeds, are stuffed with a protein-rich combo of rajma and paneer perked up with onions, cumin seeds powder, etc.
A lacing of fresh, uncooked salsa makes the Rajma and Cottage Cheese Tacos all the more exciting. Serve these tacos immediately on arranging, before the taco shells get soggy with the salsa.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll out each portion into 100 mm. (4”) diameter circles with the help of a little plain flour. Prick each round lightly with a fork.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the tacos till they turn golden brown in colour on both sides. Bend into a ‘u’ shape while hot. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the onions and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the corn, paneer, tomatoes, green chilli paste and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes
- Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a taco on a serving plate and place a few lettuce leaves on it.
- Arrange a portion of the stuffing and a little uncooked salsa evenly on it.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 11 more tacos.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per taco
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.