Corn and Cottage Cheese Tacos, Mexican Snack
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 83 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 61864 times
These scrumptious and filling tacos are chock-full of crunchy veggies, cottage cheese and corn, all drowned in a flavour-packed green sauce.
The green sauce, made of capsicum and milk has a buttery, luscious mouth-feel and pleasantly spicy taste. The veggies stuffed into the Corn and Cottage Cheese Tacos, on the other hand, give you a variety of exciting textures.
Overall, it’s an awesome snack with the best of everything – taste, texture and aroma. The green sauce tends to thicken over time, so adjust the consistency before using it by adding a little milk and heating it.
You can also try other Mexican delights like the Mexican Rice and Mexican Rajma Corn Pizza .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the corn, coriander, green chillies and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine the capsicum and enough water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Drain well.
- Combine the capsicum, and milk in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared capsicum-milk mixture, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Fill a taco shell with 1 tbsp of the stuffing and 1 tsp of the green sauce evenly over it.
- Arrange a few shredded lettuce and finally sprinkle a little chilli flakes evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 19 more tacos.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per taco
|Vitamin A||192 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||11.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.8 mcg|
RECIPE SOURCE : Corn
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.