Crispy Cottage Cheese Mini Tortillas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 393 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 67851 times
In this innovative creation, homemade tortillas are topped with a luscious mixture of sautéed onions, capsicum and tomatoes along with succulent paneer cubes, herbs and spices. The crisp tortillas are made in a handy, mini size, so that they become easy to serve at parties. Keep loads of grated cheese and tangy tomato ketchup ready on hand to garnish the Crispy Cottage Cheese Mini Tortillas before serving.
- Combine the flours, oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes. Knead again.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions and roll each portion into a 63 mm. (2 ½”) diameter rounds using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Prick the tortilla rounds with a fork on both the sides.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry the mini tortillas, on a slow flame, a few at a time, until crisp or golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and capsicum, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer, oregano, chilli flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 15 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a mini tortilla on a flat, dry surface, place a portion of the topping evenly over it.
- Repeat step 1 to make 14 more mini tortillas.
- Serve immediately garnished with tomato ketchup and cheese.
Nutrient values per mini tortilla
|Vitamin A||129.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.6 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.