Baked Rajma and Macaroni with Cottage Cheese Balls, Jain Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 448 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50583 times
A mind-boggling dish that’s extremely satiating in all respects, the Baked Rajma and Macaroni with Cottage Cheese Balls tastes exciting, looks appealing, has multiple textures for an awesome mouth-feel, and is quite filling too.
It is a thoughtful and well-balanced fusion of Indian Mexican and Italian cuisine, which blends the best of each cooking style. Cheesy, spicy and tangy, the dish has a taste that appeals to young and old alike.
The corn adds a nice juicy bite to the cheese balls, while colourful bell peppers add a spicy crunch to the rajma. You can make the different layers of this baked pasta dish beforehand, but assemble and bake it just before serving to relish the best mouth-feel and fresh flavour.
You can also have a go at similar recipes like Baked Paneer in Spinach with Tomato Sauce or Baked Pav Bhaji Pasta.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 14 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few balls at a time till they turn brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the capsicum and sweet corn kernels and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, dried oregano , tomato ketchup, sugar and salt, mix well while mashing it with the back of a spoon and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the macaroni, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the rajma, chilli powder, dried basil, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well while mashing it lightly with the back of a spoon and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Put the rajma mixture into a baking dish and spread it evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Put the macaroni and spread it evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Put the cottage cheese balls on top.
- Finally sprinkle cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- You can even add a hint of sourness and a tinch of spice to this dish.
- Beat 6 tbsp of cream. Add 2 tsp of lemon juice, 2 tbsp of cheese and ¼ tsp of salt.
- In a greased baking dish, first make a layer of the beans. Next, spread the layer of macaroni. Put the cheese balls on top. Pour the cream over this. Spread ½ cup of cheese and sprinkle ¼ tsp of chilli powder on top. Bake in a hot oven 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.