Baked Paneer in Spinach with Tomato Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 504 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44125 times
Here is a vibrantly tasty and colourful baked dish made within minutes in the microwave oven!
A tasty blend of spinach and onions is mixed with juicy veggies and succulent cottage cheese cubes, drowned in a tangy tomato sauce, and cooked swiftly in the microwave oven, to get a wonderful baked dish.
We suggest using fresh homemade tomato sauce for this recipe as that will give you the perfect light and saucy texture, rather than gooey commercial sauces.
But worry not, you can prepare the tomato sauce also quickly and easily using the microwave. Once you prepare the Baked Paneer in Spinach with Tomato Sauce, we suggest serving it immediately to relish its original texture and taste.
Enjoy with toasted bread slices or any rotis of your choice.
- Thoroughly wash the spinach and remove the thick stems.
- Put the spinach in a glass bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds or until well cooked.
- Blend in a liquidiser.
- Put the oil in a glass and microwave on high for about 15 seconds.
- Add the onion and microwave on high for about 1 minute, stirring once in-between after 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- Add the green chillies, spinach puree and salt and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Put the vegetables in a shallow dish, sprinkle 5 to 6 tablespoons of water and microwave on high for about 3 minutes.
- Mix the spinach with the paneer, vegetables and salt and spread in a shallow dish.
- Pour the tomato sauce on top. If you like, grate a little of the paneer and sprinkle on top.
- Microwave on high for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.