Moyettes, Mexican Style Open Bun
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 231 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60447 times
A snack from the vibrant cuisine of Mexico, Moyettes are basically like open sandwiches made with burger buns. The centres of the buns are scooped out and the cup-shaped buns are then baked and filled with a yummy rajma filling.
Laced with succulent tomato salsa, the Moyettes are a riot of flavours and textures, an experience that is sure to excite your taste buds.
Make sure you serve the Moyettes immediately after preparation. You can vary the amount of cheese as per your taste – if your serving this to kids, you can perhaps be generous with the cheese!
This recipe is a real hit with kids, and ideal to serve at kids parties. You can also try other recipes like the Chunky Cheese and Vegetable Open Burger or Burger Bun Open Pizza .
- Cut each burger buns horizontally into 2 equal halves and scoop out the centers of each bread bun halve and brush each halve with 1tsp of melted butter.
- Arrange the bread halves on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rajma, spring onion, coriander, tomato ketchup, 2 tbsp water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to minutes, while mashing it with the potato masher.
- Divide the rajma filling into 8 equal portion.
- Place all the baked burger buns on a clean dry surface, put a portion of the prepared rajma filling over each bun, top it with 1 tsp of carrot and 1 tsp of cabbage.
- Finally top it up little with the prepared tomato salsa and 1 tsp of cheese over each bun.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.