by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 259 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38277 times
Easy but awesome – that describes this baked dish best of all. This unique creation features crepes with a Mexican filling.
A flavourful and succulent cottage cheese mixture joins hands with chunky uncooked salsa and mealy refried beans to make a fabulous filling for the crepes.
Simple ingredients are mixed and matched to give a classic, memorable flavour. The cheesy mouth-feel and herby aroma of the Crepes Mexicana are sure to etch a lasting memory. Serve this baked dish hot and fresh with a crunchy garnish of spring onion greens.
Try other awesome crepe creations like the Broccoli Crepes with Mexican Green Sauce or Spinach Crepes
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the paneer, zucchini, corn, dried oregano, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the coriander and mix well. Divide the mixture into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the refried beans into 5 portions. Keep aside.
- Place a crepe on a clean, dry surface and place a portion of the beans on one side of the crêpe.
- Put one portion of the cottage cheese mixture evenly over it.
- Put 1 tsp of salsa on top of the refried beans.
- Roll it up tightly.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 4 more crêpes.
- Arrange the crepes in a baking dish.
- Brush the crepes with milk.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake in a hot oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per crepe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.