by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46968 times
eggless crepe | crepe | eggless pancakes | eggless savoury crepes | Indian eggless crepe | with 13 amazing images.
eggless crepe, this simple dish made of basic ingredients like plain flour, corn flour, milk, butter and salt, is so tasty that you can even eat eggless savoury crepes plain.
A crepe is a light, thin pancake of French origin. While it is somewhat of a national dish in France, it has also become extremely popular all over the world. At tarladalal, we innovated to make a Indian eggless crepe. Yes, this eggless crepe is safe for vegetarians.
Depending on whether it is made savoury or sweet, it can be had for breakfast, as a main course, or as a dessert!
Slightly sweet crepes drizzled with fruity sauces or stuffed with sweet somethings are often served for dessert.
On the other other hand, you can make wonderful savoury crepes as well. You can stuff your crepes with spinach and grilled mushrooms with balsamic vinegar, with scrambled eggs, or with tomatoes, basil and goat’s cheese, to make scrumptious savoury variants.
Another classic option is to stuff it with grilled bell peppers, coat with tomato sauce and bake it.
eggless savoury crepes are very popular in Mexico and the USA. A crepe is a very versatile base to start with – you can shape it as you go along with fillings and toppings of your choice, to get just what you wish for!
Enjoy how to make eggless crepe | crepe | eggless pancakes | eggless savoury crepes | Indian eggless crepe with detailed step by step photos below.
- To make eggless crepe, combine all the ingredients along with approx. ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well whith a whisk till no lumps remain to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter on a greased non-stick tava (griddle) and rotate in a circular motion to get a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thin circle.
- When the crêpe begins to peel off, turn the crêpe around and cook on the other side till golden brown spots appear.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 9 more eggless crepes.
- Use the eggless crepes as required.
Eggless Crepe recipe with step by step photos
To make eggless crepe | crepe | eggless pancakes | eggless savoury crepes | Indian eggless crepe, in a deep bowl, add the plain flour. Since this is an eggless recipe, we only use some flours and milk as our basic ingredients.
- To this, add the corn flour.
- Now add a pinch of salt to flours and mix well.
- Now add the milk. This will give it that unique taste and silky texture.
- For softness, we will add 1 tbsp melted butter to the batter.
- Finally add approximately 1/2 cup of water to the batter.
- Start mixing the ingredients using a whisk.
- Continue whisking till no lumps remain to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Take a small crepe pan of 5 inch diameter and grease it with butter.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and pour 1/4 cup of the batter on it, swirling it in a circular motion with your hand to get a 5 inch round.
- When the crêpe begins to peel off, flip it over to cook on the other side. This should take approximately 2 minutes.
Repeat steps 9 to 11 to make 9 more eggless crepe | crepe | eggless pancakes | eggless savoury crepes | Indian eggless crepe.
Use these eggless crepe | crepe | eggless pancakes | eggless savoury crepes | Indian eggless crepe to make savory recipes like Crepes Mexicana or Corn and Cottage Cheese Crepes.
If you like eggless savoury crepes, then try our basic eggless sweet crepes for desserts. See detailed step by step recipe of eggless sweet crepes for desserts. Makes 12 crepes.
Ingredients for eggless sweet crepes for desserts
1/2 cup plain flour (maida)
1/2 cup cornflour
3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp powdered sugar
2 tsp melted butter
a pinch of salt
Method eggless sweet crepes for desserts
Mix the plain flour, cornflour, milk, sugar, salt and ½ cup of water. Mix very well until no lumps remain.
Grease a 125 mm. (5") diameter non-stick pan with the butter and gently heat the pan.
Pour 2 tablespoons of the batter and tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
When the sides starts to peel off, turn the crêpe around and cook the other side for 30 seconds.
Repeat for the remaining batter, greasing the pan with butter when required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per crepe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.