Crepes Suzette, Butter Flavoured Orange Pancakes
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 72 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16128 times
The Crepes Suzette is a citrusy French dessert, which adds a gourmet touch to your meal. Here, buttery pancakes are stuffed with a tangy orange filling, which is made of orange juice and rind flavoured mildly with brandy.
The filling too has a buttery taste and texture as the orangey ingredients are all held together in a fluffy base of soft butter and sugar. A touch of brandy gives the filling an exotic taste and aroma.
The final masterstroke in the preparation of this zesty dessert is a topping of orange sauce, which carries the tangy notes even higher. Relish this dessert immediately upon assembling, to enjoy the fresh textures and flavours.
- Combine all the ingredients along with 5 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat a 150 mm. (6") diameter non-stick pan and grease it with butter.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter, tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
- Cook it using a little butter on both the sides. When the sides starts to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook the other side for 30 seconds.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 5 more crêpes.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a deep bowl and mix well till smooth using a spatula.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes or till thick, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the orange filling into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a crêpe on a clean, dry surface, spread a portion of the orange filling on one side of the crêpe and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat step 2 to make 5 more orange filled crêpes.
- Just before serving, place each orange filled crêpe on a serving plate, pour a little orange sauce over it and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per crêpe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.