Cheesy Pepper Rice, Mexican Cheesy Pepper Rice
by Tarla Dalal
ચીઝી પૅપર રાઇસ
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Cheesy Pepper Rice, Mexican Cheesy Pepper Rice in Gujarati)
Added to 282 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 61463 times
However much we might love our traditional rice-dishes like pulao , khichdi and biryani , there are times when we want to welcome dishes from other parts of the world onto our dining table! When in the mood for international cuisine, try out this delectable Cheesy Pepper Rice.
With the right combination of veggies, the rich flavour of chillies and garlic, and loads of cheese, this dish has an awesome flavour and texture that appeal to young and old alike! Enjoy this Mexican delicacy hot and fresh.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the rice and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water, mix gently and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan, add the kashmiri red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Combine the sautéed red chillies, garlic and 2 tbsp of water in a mixer and blend till coarse. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli-garlic coarse paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||207.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||13.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.