Fresh Corn Enchiladas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 799 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 78668 times
These authentic Fresh Corn Enchiladas bring a taste of Mexico to your dining table! Here, soft flour pancakes are loaded with a scrumptious filling of juicy sweet corn and crunchy veggies in creamy white sauce.
The stuffed pancakes are then bathed in a freshly-made chunky tomato sauce, topped with loads of cheese, and baked to perfection.
Layer after layer, the Fresh Corn Enchiladas reveal exciting surprises, delighting the diners! It is resplendent with several flavours ranging from tanginess to creaminess, and many exciting textures ranging from the crunch of veggies to the succulence of the pancakes.
The Fresh Corn Enchiladas are very filling and can be had as a one-dish meal , but you can combine it with a bowl of soup and Mexican Rice to make it a more elaborate meal.
- Combine the plain flour, salt and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl, whisk well until no lumps remain.
- Grease a 125 mm. (5") diameter non-stick pan with melted butter.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter, tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
- When the sides start to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook the other side for 30 seconds using a little melted butter.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 5 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli flakes and corn and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the white sauce and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, onions and garlic in a mixer and blend till smooth without using any water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add all the other ingredients, including the tomato-onion mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place a pancake on a clean, dry surface, put a portion of the corn stuffing in the centre , sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it and fold one side over the other to make a roll.
- Repeat step 2 to stuff 5 more pancakes.
- Pour ¼ cup of the prepared tomato sauce in a baking dish and spread it evenly. Place the stuffed pancakes on it.
- Pour all the remaining tomato sauce evenly over it. Finally sprinkle the cheese over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c(400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1423.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||49.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||39.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.