Mexican Tortilla Wrap ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 103 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 187456 times
This wholesome wrap can be relished as a complete meal. A delectable fusion of cheesy pepper rice and refried beans pepped up with green garlic sauce makes this must-try. Don’t forget to add sour cream, which widens the range of flavours that play around in this wrap! when fresh green garlic is not in season, use half the quantity of dry garlic.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the chilli-garlic chutney and celery and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the onions and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the chilli flakes, cheese and salt and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the rice, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the capsicum, rajma , chilli powder; cumin seeds powder and salt, mix well and cook for 5 minutes or till the mixture is dry and keep aside.
- Place a tortilla on a clean dry surface and place ¼th of the cheesy pepper rice in a row in the centre of the tortilla.
- Arrange ¼th of the refried beans and spread ¼th of the green garlic sauce over it.
- Arrange 1 tbsp of spring onion whites and spread 1 tbsp of sour cream over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each wrap and serve immediately.
- For 1 cup of cooked rice, boil a vesselful of water with a little salt. Add 1/2 cup of raw rice and cook till done. Strain using a sieve and use as per the recipe.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.