quick rice panki recipe | no fermentation rice panki | rice flour and urad dal panki |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 570 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 92616 times
quick rice panki recipe | no fermentation rice panki | rice flour and urad dal panki | with 25 images.
quick rice panki is quick as there is no fermentation required. Learn to make rice flour and urad dal panki.
quick rice panki steamed in between banana leaves is a favourite Gujarati snack. Urad dal flour helps to bind the panki batter and make very thin pankis.
To make quick rice panki, combine the rice flour, urad dal flour, curds, green chilli paste, cumin seeds, oil, salt and 3/4 cup of water and mix well. Keep aside. Put 1 tbsp of the batter on the greased side of a banana leaf. Cover with another banana leaf and cook on a tava till done.
Tips for quick rice panki: 1. Spread the batter with the back of a spoon on the banana leaf. 2. Press the panki using a flat spoon, ladle while cooking so that it gets evenly cooked. 3. After cooking quick rice panki | no fermentation rice panki | rice flour and urad dal panki | discard banana leaves. 4. Mix well with a whisk. Don't use a spoon to mix as all the lumps will not break.
Serve the quick rice pankis hot from the tava and let your guests peel off the banana leaves and enjoy the steaming hot pankis with spicy green chutney.
Enjoy quick rice panki recipe | no fermentation rice panki | rice flour and urad dal panki | with step by step photos.
Add your private note
Quick Rice Panki recipe - How to make Quick Rice Panki
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 25 pankis (10 panki )
- To make quick rice panki, combine the rice flour, urad dal flour, curds, green chilli paste, cumin seeds, oil, salt and ¾ cup of water and mix well. Keep aside.
- Apply a little oil on one side of each banana leaf and keep aside.
- Put 1 tbsp of the batter on the greased side of a banana leaf.
- Cover with another banana leaf with the greased side over the batter press it gently to spread the batter evenly to make a thin layer.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the panki on both sides till light brown spots appear on the banana leaves and the pancake in-between peels off the banana leaf easily.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 24 more pankis.
- Serve the quick rice panki immediately with green chutney.
- You can cook 3 to 4 pankis at one time on a tava.
Quick Rice Panki recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per panki
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.