Corn Au Gratin, Baked Corn in White Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 125 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31174 times
Au Gratin is a famous continental dish, which features veggies in white sauce baked with a topping of cheese and sometimes bread crumbs. Here is a delectable Corn Au Gratin, which as the name suggests focuses on the juicy texture and mildly-sweet flavour of corn.
A few green chillies are added to the Au Gratin to give it a mild touch of spice. The Corn Au Gratin is best when it is fresh and hot, right out of the oven. You can relish it with toasted bread slices or apply it upon small triangles of toast and serve as a starter .
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the corn and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the white sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, white stirring occasionally.
- Pour the mixture in an oven safe baking dish, sprinkle cheese evenly over it.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||578 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||22.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.