corn methi pulao recipe | methi makai pulao | sweet corn methi rice |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1333 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 135207 times
corn methi pulao recipe | methi makai pulao | sweet corn methi rice | with 26 amazing images.
corn methi pulao is a flavorful and tasty rice variety made using sweet corn and methi leaves. Learn how to make corn methi pulao recipe | methi makai pulao | sweet corn methi rice |
The sweetness of corn and the bitterness of methi complement each other well in this methi makai pulao. By using simple seasonings and the pressure-cooking technique, tasty corn methi pulao can be prepared quite fast.
sweet corn methi rice has a mild sweetness of corn which compliments the flavor of the slightly bitter fenugreek leaves (methi). This easy one pot dish of corn methi pulao is a winner for lunch box or for a quick and easy meal.
Tips to make corn methi pulao: 1. Best to use basmati rice for this recipe to get great results. 2. If you are jain omit the onions and add tomatoes. 3. You can also make this recipe just using oil instead of oil and butter both. 4. To use hot water is very important. 5. You can also add finely chopped garlic or garlic paste in this recipe.
Enjoy corn corn methi pulao recipe | methi makai pulao | sweet corn methi rice | with detailed step by step photos.
- To make corn methi pulao, heat the butter and oil in a pressure cooker, add the peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for ½ a minute.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and sweet corn and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and 2 cups of hot water, salt, turmeric powder and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve the corn methi pulao hot with fresh curds.
Corn Methi Pulao Video by Tarla Dalal
Corn Methi Pulao recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.