Sprouted Matki Rice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 442 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53776 times
This fantabulous recipe using matki is so tasty that you will soon want to prepare the same dish using other sprouts as well!
Crunchy veggies like onion and capsicum, a host of aromatic spices and perfectly cooked long-grained rice team up brilliantly with wholesome matki sprouts to create a sumptuous Main Course that you will love to dine on.
Toss gently after adding the rice, so as to retain the shape of the long grains, which looks very nice when dotted with colourful veggies and sprouts.
Serve the Sprouted Matki Rice with a refreshing raita, a Salads and Pickles / Aachar to make a very satiating meal.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the green chillies ginger, capsicum and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the sprouted matki, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 to7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Matki Pulao (Protein Rich Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||133.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||30.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||5.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.