Sabzi’s using sprouted matki
Interesting to make sabzi with sprouted matki, the aroma and taste is really good and goes well with hot rotis. Below are recipes with lots of variation using sprouted matki.
1. Palak Aur Matki ki Curry both of which are notable health boosters. A rather offbeat tempering of mustard seeds, garlic and curry leaves adds a nice touch to this curry.
2. Tendli and Matki Subzi brilliant combo of ivy gourd and sprouted matki is pressure-cooked with onions, tomatoes and spice powders, to make a mouth-watering subzi.
3. Matki Aur Palak ki Curry intense flavour from tangy tomatoes and a paste of coconut, spices and seeds.
Indian snacks using sprouted matki
Something new to try using sprouted matki. below are lip smacking recipes using sprouted matki. Try out these recipes for evening snack or for breakfast as well.
1. Sprouted Matki and Coriander Mini Uttapa Uttapa are made with a batter of sprouted matki perkily flavoured with chopped coriander, green chilli paste and other taste enhancers.
2. Misal Pav one of the most famous of Maharashtrian recipes, Misal is a scrumptious cocktail of savouries and sprouts!
3. Matki Poha Chivda an unusual breakfast try this crunchy beaten rice chivda topped with a generous helping of masala matki.
Sprouted matki can be used to make a very refreshing and healthy salad. The bean, when sprouted, turns out to be sweeter and this combo goes well with cucumbers, lemon and green chillies.
• Usal, a typical Maharashtrian dish, can be made with either sprouted matki or the whole moth bean.
• Sprouted matki can also be used to make a famous bhaji that is served along with butter-toasted pav. The combo, known as Misal Pav, is a famous Maharashtrian breakfast.
• Sprouted matki can also be used in a variety of other subzis and curries, as well as in rice dishes, upma, etc., just as other vegetables are used.
• A batter of sprouted matki along with minimal spices can be used to make dosa or uttapa.
• The sprouts can be made into a stir-fry with other veggies, and ingredients like garlic, ginger and spring onions.
• Uncooked matki sprouts are used as a filling for Vietnamese spring rolls, as well as a garnish.
• In Korea, slightly cooked matki sprouts are often served as a side dish. They are blanched by placing in boiling water for less than a minute, immediately cooled down in cold water, and mixed with sesame oil, garlic, salt, and often other ingredients.
How to store sprouted matki, matki sprouts, ankurit matki
• Use the sprouts within two days, and make sure to rinse them before use.
• Sprouts are a common source of bacterial contamination, so get into the habit of rinsing any type of sprouts before eating them.
Health benefits of sprouted matki, matki sprouts, ankurit matki
1. Matki sprouts
abound in fiber
and thus form an ideal choice for weight watchers, diabetes
2. The process of sprouting increases the protein
count of matki by 30%. This protein boost makes it a perfect addition to an athletic diet.
3. Sprouts are easily digestible since complex nutrients are broken down into simpler substances. Moreover they also have abundant enzymes which makes digestion easier further.
4. Matki sprouts boost blood circulation too as they are brimming with iron
5. Matki sprouts are also a good way to manage healthy cholesterol
in the body.
6. Matki sprouts are alkalizes your body, thus they help balance the stomach acids. Those suffering from acidity
should opt for matki sprouts rather than the cooked matki.