Matki Aur Palak ki Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 144 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30292 times
This reverberating combo of sprouted matki and spinach is sure to put the smile back on your face. The Matki Aur Palak ki Curry derives its intense flavour from tangy tomatoes and a paste of coconut, spices and seeds. A traditional south Indian tempering boosts the aroma and adds to the flavour of this delicious curry, which tastes great with rice as well as rotis.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, garlic and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the matki and salt and mix well.
- Add 1½ cups of water and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
Matki Aur Palak ki Curry Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.