Soaked and cooked hara vatana
Clean, wash and soak the hara vatana in plenty of water for 6 to 8 hours. Drain and cook in a vessel full of water till just done and use as per the recipe.
• Use split peas to make dal, the classic Indian dish.
• Split pea soup is a delicious way to enjoy this nutritious legume.
• Purée cooked peas with your favourite herbs and spices and serve as a side dish.
• Add whole peas to vegetable soups.
How to store hara vatana, dried green peas, sukhe hare matar
• Dried peas will remain good for several months if stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry, dark place.
• If you need to store for longer, then refrigerate it in an airtight container or cover.
Health benefits of hara vatana, dried green peas, sukhe hare matar
Dried green peas are a good source of cholesterol-lowering
fibre, hence beneficial for a healthy heart
. They also help in managing diabetes
since their high fibre
content prevents blood sugar levels from rising rapidly after a meal. Dried peas also provide important minerals like potassium
. With their high protein
content, dried green peas are an excellent source way to nourish the cells of the body, especially for vegetarians.