Tendli and Matki Subzi, Pressure Cooker Tendli Aur Matki ki Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17911 times
It looks and smells so wonderful, it is hard not to be tempted by this Tendli and Matki Subzi. Thankfully, it is as tasty as it looks!
A brilliant combo of ivy gourd and sprouted matki is pressure-cooked with onions, tomatoes and spice powders, to make a mouth-watering subzi. The Pressure Cooker Tendli aur Matki ki Subzi is also quite easy and quick to prepare, so you can include it in your everyday cooking collection!
This subzi goes well with rotis, puris and parathas .
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and ginger-green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tendli rings, matki, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.