Indian Breakfast and snacks using dhania powder (coriander powder)
Breakfast important meal of the day, it needs to be interesting and filling at the same time, same goes for snacks as well here are few recipes to make your morning and evening.. interesting.
1. Chole Bhature chick peas and spices were simmered together for hours resulting in a dish that a large number of Mumbaites relish even today!
2. Dal Baati Churma Rajasthanis specialise in serving sweet and savoury dishes in combinations that steal the heart and delight the taste buds.
3. Pyaaz ki Kachori Very few households actually prepare these crisp, flaky deep-fried kachoris stuffed with an onion filling.
4. Thalipeeth Made with three types of flours, besan, jowar and whole wheat flour, it is easy to prepare.
5. Aloo Gobi Ke Parathe Punjabis in their ingenious way have invented this delectable combination that everyone can enjoy.
6. Aloo Methi Parathas supremely tasty variant to the very popular aloo paratha. stuffed aloo methi paratha is made from aloo, methi, whole wheat flour and Indian spices which are easily available ingredients.
A combination of coriander and cumin seeds powdered together is popularly used in Indian dishes.
• Coriander powder is widely used in south Indian preparations, especially rasam, kara kuzhambu, vegetable preparations, etc.
• It is an essential ingredient of many curries and gravies as it has a mild aroma that instigates the appetite.
• Adding ground coriander to pancake and waffle mixes imparts a pleasing taste to it.
• Put dry roasted coriander seeds in a pepper mill and keep on the dinner table so that you and your family can use them at any time on salads, soups and gravies too.
How to store coriander powder, dhania powder
• Coriander powder should be kept in an opaque, tightly-sealed glass container in a cool, dark and dry place.
• Place a small chunk of asafoetida in the container to prevent any kind of spoilage.
• It will keep for about four to six months.
Health benefits of coriander powder, dhania powder
Apart from being an aromatic spice, coriander powder has many curative and cooling properties. Coriander powder taken in combination with a pinch of asafoetida and rock salt is considered an aid to the digestive system. It is an appetite stimulant and aids in the secretion of gastric juices. It has also been known to stimulate insulin production and help in manging blood sugar levels in diabetics
. It also exhibits anti-microbial property. The presence of antioxidants
in it promotes skin health
and maintain hair health
. Its anti-inflammatory properties promote heart health