Pyaaz ki Kachori
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1380 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 469397 times
pyaz ki kachori recipe | onion kachori | Jaipur pyaz ki kachori | with 14 amazing images.
pyaz ki kachori probably originated in Jaipur, Jodhpur but are today popular throughout Rajasthan. Very few households actually prepare these crisp, flaky deep-fried pyaz ki kachori stuffed with an onion filling.
Steaming hot Pyaaz ki Kachoris or Aloo Pyaaz ki Kachoris are sold at most 'namkeen' shops in Rajasthan. Like all kachoris, they are eaten with a sweet and spicy tamarind chutney.
When you think of popular food from the fabulous city of Jaipur then pyaz ki kachori comes to your mind immediately.
Notes and tips on making the perfect pyaz ki kachori recipe. 1. Adding ghee to the pain flour will make the kachoris flaky and crispy. 2. Knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Knead it well for about 4 to 5 minutes. 3. Cover the dough of the Pyaaz ki kachori with a wet muslin cloth so that the surface of the dough does not become dry. Keep aside for 15 minutes. Resting allows the gluten strands to relax and makes rolling and shaping of the dough easier. 4. Roll the filled portion again carefully into a 63 mm. (2 ½ ") diameter circle. make sure that the filling does not spill out.
You can prepare these kachoris ahead in time and re-heat them in an oven just before serving. They are perfect for an afternoon snack on a rainy day.
Learn to make pyaz ki kachori recipe | onion kachori | Jaipur pyaz ki kachori | with step by step photos and video below.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Knead well for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the nigella seeds, fennel seeds, bayleaves, green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the besan, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from the flame, add the coriander and mix well.
- Remove the bayleaves and discard them.
- Divide into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- To make pyaaz ki kachori, divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3 ") diameter circle.
- Place one portion of the onion filling in the centre.
- Bring together all the sides, seal it tightly and remove any excess dough.
- Roll the filled portion again into a 63 mm. (2 ½ ") diameter circle, while ensuring that the filling does not spill out.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 11 more kachoris.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry 4 kachoris at a time, on a slow flame for 10 minutes, gently flipping them occasionally. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Repeat step 7 to deep-fry 8 more kachoris in 2 more batches.
- Serve the pyaaz ki kachori immediately.
Pyaaz ki Kachori recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per kachori
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.