Matar ki Kachori, Rajasthani Vatana Kachori, Green Peas Kachori
by Tarla Dalal
मटर की कचौड़ी
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Matar ki Kachori, Rajasthani Vatana Kachori, Green Peas Kachori in Hindi)
Added to 517 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 190185 times
Delicious to the core, that’s what this Matar ki Kachori is! You would never have, really, tasted a kachori with such a flavourful filling.
Crushed green peas are pepped up with a rather snazzy assortment of spices, of which nigella seeds really stands out, with its prominent flavour. You will also enjoy the soft texture of the filling, which contradicts the crusty, melt-in-the-mouth covering!
Serve these kachoris for Breakfast or Evening Tea Snacks with Green Cutney and Khajur Imli Ki Chutney . When served Dahiwali Aloo ki Subzi the combo makes a satisfying meal.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Knead well for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Combine the green peas, green chillies and ginger in a mixer and blend to a coarse mixture without using any water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the nigella seeds, fennel seeds, bayleaves and green pea mixture, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 6 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, garam masala, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove the bayleaves and discard them.
- Divide the filling into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 63 mm. (2½") diameter circle.
- Place one portion of the green pea filling in the centre.
- Bring together all the sides, seal it tightly and remove any excess dough.
- Gently roll the filled kachori again into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle, while ensuring that the filling does not spill out.
- Gently press the centre of the kachori with your thumb.
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 to make 11 more kachoris.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry 6 kachoris at a time, on a medium flame for 4 minutes. Reduce the flame and deep-fry on a slow flame for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Repeat steps 6 and 9 to deep-fry 6 more kachoris in one more batch.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per kachori
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.