sabzis using turmeric powder
1. Also called "Chane Jaisalmer Ke", this dish of red chana simmered in a curd gravy makes a wonderful accompaniment for both rice as well as rotis. Traditionally, this Dahi Chane ki Sabzi is served with missi roti as the two complement each other well in flavour and texture; the curd-based subzi offsets the dryness of missi rotis beautifully.
2. palak paneer recipe is one of the many of the best loved vegetarian Punjabi dishes are the ones where paneer is combined with a vegetable. Paneer is widely used and very popular in Punjab due to the abundance of milk and milk products in the area.
3. vegetable jalfrezi is a popular Punjabi vegetable jalfrezi sabzi. vegetable jalfrezi features mixed vegetables cooked in a base of tomato sauce spiked up with sautéed green chillies, ginger, onions, and such flavourful ingredients.
Indian drinks using turmeric powder
1. haldi doodh recipe | hot turmeric milk for cold and cough | golden milk | haldi wala doodh is a soothing drink for the throat during cold and cough. Learn how to make golden milk.
2. Warm Honey Lemon Water with Turmeric is a simple detox solution that can be consumed everyday, first thing in the morning. We all know that lemon juice and turmeric have amazing health benefits – and this easy recipe brings both together.
• Turmeric is an indispensable spice, which imparts a musky flavour and yellow colour to curries.
• Almost all Indian vegetable dishes use turmeric either separately or as part of the masala (spice mixture).
• It is also used in recipes comprising rice, lentils and dry beans.
• A small pinch of turmeric powder would is enough to add a pleasant orange-yellow hue to salad dressings.
• As awareness about the ill effects of pesticides and fertilisers rises, people have started soaking and rinsing their vegetables and greens in water mixed with turmeric and salt, as it helps remove a lot of chemicals from the surface.
How to store turmeric powder, haldi
• Turmeric powder should be stored in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
• Too much heat will volatilise and dissipate its aromatic essential oils, while high humidity will cause it to cake. Sunlight will cause it to fade.
• Older stock should always be used first.
• Tightly close the container after each use to retain its aroma and flavour.
Health benefits of turmeric powder, haldi
Turmeric helps in digestion of food thus helping to overcome indigestion. Haldi may help in reducing the growth of fat cells in the body. Turmeric, being rich in iron
, is highly valuable in the treatment of anaemia
and both the root as well as the powder should be a regular part of an anaemic diet. One of the health benefits of turmeric is it’s anti-inflammatory property due to the active compound, Curcumin, which helps to relieve inflammation of the joints and thus is a ladder to relieve pain related to arthritis. The curcumin in haldi also helps to ward of the bacteria’s causing cold, cough and throat irritation. Turmeric
benefits in diabetes
management by lowering blood glucose levels. Its antioxidant
effects are useful in the treatment of diabetes patients. It is known to be a good brain food and keep diseases like Alzheimer’s at bay. See here for detailed turmeric benefits