Indian Monsoon Snack Recipes | Veg Evening Snacks |
Indian Monsoon Snack Recipes | Veg Evening Snacks | During monsoon, our hearts start yearning for something spicy and crunchy to munch on. Even those who are very health-conscious cannot resist munching on just a pakoda or two with their evening chaai!
Masala Chai Or Masala Tea
Indeed, savoury snacks like pakore are as much a part of our lifestyle as mithai is part of our culture. We have been brought up on tasty snacks like these, which accompany friendly banter, lively chats, and in general offer the perfect environment to bond with friends and family!
Buttery Corn On The Cob
In Mumbai, you see lots of people eating Buttery Corn On The Cob along Marine Driver, Worli and Bandra. They brave the strong rains and come out.
Pakoras and bhajiyas for Indian monsoon evening snacks
Sudden evening hunger, calls for hot bhajiyas and pakoda with a hot cup of tea of coffee. Here are few lip smacking recipes to try.
1. Banana Bhajiya a traditional snack, which has been acclaimed as the perfect tea-time accompaniment by several generations of Indians!
Banana Bhajiya, Kela Bhajia
2. Poha Pakoda a scrumptious snack that you can quickly and easily prepare in the evenings to serve with Tea or coffee.
Poha Pakoda, Poha Pakora
3. Corn Pakodas crispy, deep-fried Indian sweet corn fritters that can be relished for breakfast, evening snack or even along with meals.
4. Moong Dal Pakoda batter of soaked moong dal perked up with spices and green chillies results in a delicious deep-fried snack, which is partly crispy, partly soft and partly chewy too.
Moong Dal Pakoda ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes)
5. Methi Pakoda mildly bitter taste and irresistible aroma unfailingly delight the palate, whether it is added to a subzi.
6. Chana Dal Bhajiya unusual bhajiya is made with a mixture of soaked and ground chana dal flavoured with crunchy onions, pungent garlic, fiery green chillies.
Crispy fried Indian monsoon evening snacks
Crispy snacks all time favourite evening snack for all. Everybody enjoys some hot snacks in the evening. Below are few options to try.
1. Masala Sweet Corn Vada a very unique taste and exciting mouth-feel, thanks to the combination of crushed corn with onions, capsicum and garlic paste.
2. Kalmi Vada A perfect accompaniment for tea on a cold winter’s day, this Rajasthani delicacy is also surprisingly very easy to prepare.
Kalmi Vada, Rajashtani Kalmi Vada
3. Potato Cheese Stuffed Balls two ingredients that are universally loved by everyone and when combined together makes a perfect and exciting combination!
4. Crispy Whole Wheat Muthia a famous Gujarati snack, which apparently derives its name from the word ‘muthi’, meaning ‘fist’. Perhaps since the dough is shaped into cylindrical rolls.
Crispy Whole Wheat Muthia, Jar Snack
Street style Indian monsoon snacks
We all miss street style food, and specially you want to know how it has been made so that you can try it at home. So here are the recipes, these are the best street style food.
1. Misal best-ever favourite recipes served by Mumbai’s roadside eateries, Misal can even be considered a trademark dish of the city’s food scene!
2. Vada Pav Deep-fried potato patties served between laddi pav smeared with an assortment of chutneys, this serves as a meal.
Vada Pav, Mumbai Roadside Recipe
3. Cheese Masala Toast Sandwich a buttery and tasty toast that is much-loved by Mumbaiites. It is sold all across the city by roadside food vendors.
Cheese Masala Toast Sandwich
4. Aloo Frankie perfect snack for everyone! Aloo Frankie is exciting, super tasty, filling and easy to make – name your need and it will fit the bill.
Aloo Frankie ( Wraps and Rolls)
5. Roadside Hare Chane Ki Chaat pleases young and old with its incredible taste and amazing mouth-feel. It is also very simple to make, and you can even try it at home.
Roadside Hare Chane Ki Chaat, Protein and Calcium Rich
Healthy monsoon Indian evening snack
Evening snacks can be healthy as well , below listed are recipes with healthy ingredients.
1. Buckwheat Dosa an instant buckwheat dosa which requires no fermentation.
2. Mixed Dal Chillas savoury pancakes are so tasty you will love to snack on them any time; at the same time they are so satiating that you can even have them for breakfast.
Mixed Dal Chillas, Healthy Breakfast, Snack Recipe
3. Methi Thalipeeth a traditional Maharashtrian breakfast, made with a mix of flours, aromatic fenugreek leaves and a touch of spice powders.
Methi Thalipeeth, Maharashtrian Breakfast
Exotic monsoon evening snack
Unusual combination of ingredients creates an evening snack, which is just perfect to try and make it a hit amongst the family. Like these few recipes are below to try.
1. Medu Vada Tava Sandwich a super-duper, totally innovative sandwich made with the all-time favourite south Indian snack, the Medu Vada!
2. Aam Ke Pakode this delightful seasonal treat is a must-try. Choose ripe and sweet Alphonso mangoes, cube them, dip them in a spicy batter and deep-fry till crisp.
3. Chilla Chaat a sumptuous snack, but when chopped and topped with spring onions, peppy chutneys and crunchy sev, it transforms into an exciting chilla chaat.
4. Ravioli Samosa samosa filling is also super tasty, with a tantalizing flavour gained from ingredients like crushed coriander seeds and amchur powder.
5. Naanza delicious toppings, seasonings, readymade pizza sauce, and of course loads of cheese too, the Naanza turned out to be a multi-flavoured and multi-textured delight.
6. Aloo Chaat Tacos chatpata potato filling, laced with creamy curd and tongue-tickling sweet chutney.
Aloo Chaat Tacos
Enjoy our Indian Monsoon Snack Recipes | Veg Evening Snacks | and other Indian recipe articles below.
Indian Monsoon Snack Recipes