Methi Thalipeeth, Maharashtrian Breakfast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10690 times
Methi Thalipeeth is a traditional Maharashtrian breakfast, made with a mix of flours, aromatic fenugreek leaves and a touch of spice powders.
It has a rustic and homely texture and a really inspiring flavour. It is nutritious and filling – a good way to kick-start your day. The best part is that it has a well-balanced flavour on its own and needs just a cup of curds for serving.
Make sure you cook the Methi Thalipeeth till it is slightly crisp, so that you get a nice aroma, flavour and texture.
To make the dish more exciting, serve it with accompaniments like the Sukhi Lehsun Chutney and Dry Peanut Chutney Powder .
Add your private note
Methi Thalipeeth, Maharashtrian Breakfast recipe - How to make Methi Thalipeeth, Maharashtrian Breakfast
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 7 thalipeeth
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 7 equal portions.
- Place a portion of the dough on a greased plastic sheet and flatten it into a 150 mm. (6”) circle by patting with your fingers.
- Create 3 holes on the rolled circle with the index finger.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with ½ tsp oil, put the rolled thalipeeth and cook the thalipeeth on a medium flame, using 1 tsp of oil and till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 6 more thalipeeth.
- Serve immediately with curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per thalipeeth
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.