Mixed Dal Chillas, Healthy Breakfast, Snack Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17688 times
These thin, savoury pancakes are so tasty you will love to snack on them any time; at the same time they are so satiating that you can even have them for breakfast.
Made with a batter of mixed dals perked up with ginger, green chillies and other ingredients, the Mixed Dal Chila is both tasty and filling.
At the same time, it is also easy to make. It requires only an hour of soaking and no fermentation, so you can make it any time you wish. Just make sure you serve the chilas immediately after preparation as they tend to get chewy on cooling. Relish them hot with green chutney.
You can also try other chila recipes like Besan Chilla or Kand Chilla .
- Combine the green moong dal, yellow moong dal and urad dal in a deep bowl with enough hot water. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 1 hour. Drain well.
- Combine the soaked and drained dals along with ¾ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle). Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it evenly to make a thin circle of 175 mm. (7") diameter.
- Cook, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 9 more chillas.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Mixed Dal Chillas by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chilla
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.