Medu Vada Tava Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6632 times
Oh well, who said you could make sandwiches with only buns and breads? Here is a super-duper, totally innovative sandwich made with the all-time favourite south Indian snack, the Medu Vada!
The Medu Vada is cut into two halves horizontally and sandwiched with a mouth-watering mixture of sautéed veggies and onions seasoned with peppy spice powders like garam masala and pav bhaji masala. A generous garnish of coriander gives the filling a wonderful aroma, while a dash of ginger and garlic heightens the flavour of this Medu Vada Tava Sandwich. Enjoy it hot and fresh.
- Cut each medu vada horizontally using a sharp knife, to get 2 piece of each medu vada. Keep aside.
- Heat 1½ tbsp. Of butter on a tava (griddle), add the 2 tbsp of onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add ½ tsp of garlic paste, ¼ tsp of ginger paste and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add 2 tbsp tomatoes, 2 tbsp capsicum, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add ¼ tsp of chilli powder, ¼ tsp of garam masala, ¼ tsp of pav bhaji masala, 2 tbsp coriander and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Place 4 medu vada halves, facing the cut portion downwards over the masala, press lightly and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Turn over and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Place 1 piece of the vada over the other half, to form a sandwich.
- Repeat steps 2 to 7 to make 2 more vada sandwiches.
Nutrient values per sandwiche
|Vitamin A||1493.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||49.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||18.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.