pav bhaji masala
Last Updated : Apr 06,2019
Viewed 111286 times
Also known as Pao bhaji masala
What is Pav Bhaji Masala? Pav bhaji masala as the name suggests is a blend of spices used in the preparation of the bhaji used in Pav Bhaji. It combines spices like red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black pepper, cinnamon, clove, black cardamom, dry mango powder, fennel seeds and turmeric powder.
A native of Maharashtra, Pav bhaji is a fast food dish that has gone to gain fame the world over. With humble origins in the by-lanes of Mumbai, this sumptuous dish has become popular enough to be served in five-star hotels and celebrity weddings.
In Marathi, pav means bread and bhaji refers to a curried vegetable dish. A serving of Pav bhaji therefore consists of the pav (bread) and the bhaji (a potato based curry) garnished with coriander, chopped onions and lemon wedges.
How to Select Pav Bhaji Masala? • Choose from the various brands available in the market.
• Read the label and verify the manufacturing as well as the expiry dates for maximum freshness.
• Many so-called homemade masalas are also available at local stores. If buying any such, first purchase a small packet and check the taste before buying more.
• Always choose small pack sizes, in order to ensure a fresh aroma.
5 Uses of Pav Bhaji Masala 1. Pav bhaji is one of the most celebrated street foods in India. It is made with a mix of spices like Kashmiri chillies, coriander seeds, cinnamon, fennel seeds and many other spices. This blend of spices is mixed together with mashed vegetables which gives it a mouth-watering aroma and a fabulous taste.
2. Apart from pav bhaji, this masala is also used for flavoring different types of similar snacks like Pav bhaji Toast and Masala Pav.
3. Adding pav bhaji masala to blander ingredients like paneer, combined with a few veggies, adds a punch of flavor to it. Paneer Bhurji mashes the paneer but it can also be cut into cubes and be made into Chatakedar Paneer.
4. You can add pav bhaji masala to rice preparations as well. The fragrance and taste of the Mixed Sprouts Rice elevates by adding this simple masala!
5. The flavorful masala is also used to give additional flavor to dosas including Cheese Burst dosa and Spicy tava idlis.
How to Store Pav Bhaji Masala? • Once opened, store it in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
• Consume before the expiry date, or you will end up with a musty smelling bhaji!
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.