pav bhaji masala
Viewed 102709 times
Also known as
Pao bhaji masala
A native of Maharashtra, Pav bhaji is a fast food dish that has gone to gain fame the world over. With humble origins in the by-lanes of Mumbai, this sumptuous dish has become popular enough to be served in five-star hotels and celebrity weddings.
In Marathi, pav means bread and bhaji refers to a curried vegetable dish. A serving of Pav bhaji therefore consists of the pav (bread) and the bhaji (a potato based curry) garnished with coriander, chopped onions and lemon wedges.
Pav bhaji masala as the name suggests is a blend of spices used in the preparation of the bhaji. It combines spices like red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black pepper, cinnamon, clove, black cardamom, dry mango powder, fennel seeds and turmeric powder.
How to Select
• Choose from the various brands available in the market.
• Read the label and verify the manufacturing as well as the expiry dates for maximum freshness.
• Many so-called homemade masalas are also available at local stores. If buying any such, first purchase a small packet and check the taste before buying more.
• Always choose small pack sizes, in order to ensure a fresh aroma.
• Pav bhaji masala added to mashed vegetables gives a mouth watering aroma and spicy taste to the bhaji.
• Apart from pav bhaji, the masala can be added to other vegetable dishes that use potatoes, tomatoes and capsicums.
• You can add pav bhaji masala to rice preparations too.
• To make a quick snack, slit pav buns into half, and toast them on a pan smeared with butter. Add pav bhaji masala to the pav along with finely chopped onions, garlic and capsicum. Masala Pav is ready to be relished.
How to Store
• Once opened, store it in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
• Consume before the expiry date, or you will end up with a musty smelling bhaji!
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.