Chana Dal Bhajiya
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2690 times
Instead of using besan, this unusual bhajiya is made with a mixture of soaked and ground chana dal flavoured with crunchy onions, pungent garlic, fiery green chillies, peppy ginger and aromatic coriander leaves.
The batter is reinforced with a little bit of rice flour which makes it firmer and improves the colour and crispness. The Chana Dal Bhajiyas are super crispy and must be enjoyed immediately after preparation.
Try other bhajiya recipes like Crispy Potato Bhajias or Banana Bhajiya .
Add your private note
Chana Dal Bhajiya recipe - How to make Chana Dal Bhajiya
Soaking time: 1 hour Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 40 minutesMakes 4 servings (4 serving )
- Combine the chana dal and enough hot water in a deep bowl and soak for 1 hour. Drain well.
- Combine the chana dal, coriander, green chillies, garlic and ginger in a mixer without using any water and blend to a coarse paste.
- Transfer the paste into a deep bowl, add all the other ingredients along with 1 tbsp of water and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, drop spoonfuls of the mixture in the oil and deep-fry a few at a time till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.