by Tarla Dalal
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42147 times
Um, you feel like having dosa today but no fermented batter on hand? Not to worry! Here is an easy and instant dosa prepared with buckwheat and urad dal. The twist here is that the ingredients are powdered, tempered and then mixed into a batter, which can be cooked immediately into yummy dosas. Serve the Buckwheat Dosa fresh off the tava with a chutney of your choice, preferably green chutney.
- Combine the buckwheat and urad dal in a mixer and blend to a fine powder.
- Transfer the powder in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tempering, green chillies, coriander, salt and approximately 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with oil.
- Pour ¼ cup batter in a circular manner. Pour a little oil in the holes of the dosa and cook on both the sides till golden brown in colour.
- Repeat step 7 to make 8 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values per dosa
|Vitamin A||83.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.