Pregnancy Recipes, Indian Pregnancy Diet, Healthy Pregnancy Food
pregnancy recipes. Indian pregnancy recipe collection. The joy and excitement of bringing a new life into this world is not only pleasurable but also demands a lot of responsibility. You should be ready to accept it as a challenge by maintaining a healthy diet so as to nurture the new life growing within you. All that you eat before and during the pregnancy is largely responsible for not only your health, but your baby’s too! Here’s a well-researched section on vegetarian foods and recipes for a mum-to-be.
A woman who is well nourished before conception (pre-conception) begins her pregnancy with reserves of essential nutrients like protein, iron, calcium, fibre and folic acid along with other vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin B Complex and vitamin C to meet the needs of a growing fetus. And she needs to continue to have a constant intake of these nutrients throughout the nine months of gestation too.
The different sections in this category are for the various stages of your pregnancy keeping in mind your special nutritional requirements for each trimester starting from first trimester to second trimester and finally the third trimester right till the time of lactation. As you travel through each of the 3 trimesters, some women experience certain discomforts like morning sickness, edema, acidity etc. Read ahead in the sections here to find ways and recipes to ease these situations too.
Sit back, turn through the various sections here, clarify your doubts and ease all your nutritional worries. After all, being pregnant is one of the greatest joys of all. However remember every pregnancy is different and your gynecologist is your best companion through these precious nine months.
From breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes to snacks, salads and desserts recipes we have it all. Moreover, we have various sections of recipes that are rich in specific nutrients required in increased amounts during pregnancy like Protein, Iron, Calcium, Folic Acid etc.
Pregnancy Recipes, Iron Rich Foods
Spinach Tahini Wraps
We have iron rich sweets recipe like
1. Anjeer and Mixed Nut Barfi that is super quick to make and is also amazingly healthy.
2. Breakfast recipes like Spinach Dosa and Stuffed Bajra Roti can be relished in the mornings and give your day a healthy start.
3. Make subzi’s such as Palak, Methi and Corn Subzi for lunch and top up your iron stores and is also a rich source of other nutrients like Vitamin A, Folic Acid, Calcium all essential during pregnancy.
4. Comfort foods like Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Cookies are great when one get those cravings in between meals and are healthier than store bought cookies because these are made with oats and whole wheat flour.
Pregnancy Recipes, Calcium Rich Foods
Herbed Paneer Paratha
1. Give a perfect start to your day with this Strawberry Chickoo Shake when you’re too tired to cook and need instant energy. It is a recipe that has natural sweetness from strawberries and is a perfect milkshake to keep heartburn at bay.
2. Here is a recipe of a creamy soup called Celery Soup to perk you up even on a gloomy day. With no corn-flour or cream added it still is creamy due to the wholesome milk which gives it a rich flavour.
3. Paneer and Tomato in Green Gravy is a sumptuous gravy and looks really tempting. A perfect combination of paneer, tomatoes and curds in green masala which makes it rich in Calcium, Beta Carotene and Phosphorus.
4. Methi Palak Dhoklas
5. Maharashtrian Patal Bhaji
6. Nachni Sesame Khakhra
First trimester Indian pregnancy recipes
It is recommended to consume about 6-7 servings of cereals per day for first trimester Indian pregnancy recipes. Cereals provide you the necessary energy which is required in increased amounts during pregnancy. They also provide fibre which will keep constipation at bay.
1. Buckwheat Dhoklas for breakfast and
2. Jowar Bajra Spring Onion Roti for Main Course.
3. Oats Methi Muthia, Bajra Carrot and Onion Uttapa and
4. Vegetable Barley Soup are a few more examples you can venture in your own kitchen to fulfil your nutritional needs.
pregnancy rotis and paratha recipes
pregnancy rotis and paratha recipes are flat Indian breads which are cooked in every households as a daily fare
1. Jowar roti is super rich in fibre, is gluten free, good for diabetics, high in magnesium and iron also lowers blood pressure and cholesterol.
2. Oats roti is an easy simple recipe to make. To whole wheat flour we add oats, onions, green chillies and coriander to make the dough for oats chapatti. Then the oats chapatti is cooked on a non stick tava.
Weight loss after pregnancy
Another section that we have in our pregnancy recipes is weight loss after pregnancy.
Nourishing Barley Soup
It is necessary to shed those extra kilos that a woman gains during pregnancy. However, one should not start a weight loss program immediately after pregnancy. Since the baby is breastfeeding, you cannot compromise on your food intake by cutting down on your diet, nor can you immediately start off on rigorous exercise. The weight loss regimen must begin in a slow and phased manner. Once you start you can enjoy weight loss recipes like
1. Palak Methi Muthia
2. Nourishing Moong Soup,
3. Dal Pandoli
Enjoy our collection of pregnancy recipes and related pregnancy articles below.
Pregnancy Breakfast Recipes
Pregnancy Rotis, Parathas Recipes
Pregnancy Dals and Vegetables Recipes
Pregnancy Vitamin A Rich Recipes
First trimester Indian pregnancy recipes