Oats and Walnut Chikki
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 75% LIKED IT
3 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30222 times
Who does not like the enticing sweetness and exciting crunch of chikkis? Here, we have given a healthy twist to this all-time favourite snack, making it out of oats and walnuts.
Oats is known to be a healthy, fibre-rich cereal, while jaggery and walnuts have rich stores of iron that help boost haemoglobin levels.
What’s more; this Oats and Walnut Chikki tastes so fantabulous that you do not have to tell your kids even twice to eat it. Just place it in front of them and it will be gone in minutes.
Check out our many more Healthy Kids recipes that are sure to entice them.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan, add the oats and dry roast on a medium flame for 4 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat the ghee, add the jaggery and mix well. Cook on a slow flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, add the roasted oats and walnuts and mix very well.
- Transfer the mixture immediately on the back side of a greased thali or a smooth greased stoned surface and roll the mixture into a 100 mm. (4”) x 150 mm. (6”) rectangle using a greased rolling pin.
- Cut into 12 equal square pieces of 13 mm. (½”) x 13 mm. (½”) using a sharp knife. Allow it to cool completely.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
- This chikki stays fresh for 3 to 4 days when stored in an air-tight box at room temperature.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.