How many calories does One Herbed Paneer Paratha have?
One Herbed Paneer Paratha gives 161 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 70 calories, proteins account for 21 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 73 calories. One Herbed Paneer Paratha provides about 8 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Herbed Paneer Paratha recipe. A really nutritious combination of iron-rich fresh greens and paneer, which is packed with calcium, vitamin b2 and protein. Serve with fresh curds for a wholesome and filling breakfast.
Is Herbed Paneer Paratha healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
2. Mint Leaves (Pudina) : Mint (pudina) being an anti-inflammatory reduces the inflammation in the stomach and shows a cleansing effect. Sipping on a healthy drink like fresh mint and lemon tea is the best option to overcome nausea for mums-to-be. Moreover it's vitamin A (10% of RDA) and vitamin C (20.25%) serve as an additional boost to bring relief from cough, sore throat and also cold. See here for detailed benefits of mint leaves.
3. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
4. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Herbed Paneer Paratha ?
Yes, BUT use low fat paneer. This is more like a meal by itself as the parathas are stuffed. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Corainder is good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics.
Can healthy individuals haveHerbed Paneer Paratha ?
Yes, this is healthy. We suggest you pair it with homemade curds using cows milk or low fat curds.
Basic Homemade Curd, Dahi Or Yogurt Using Cow's Milk
Herbed Paneer Paratha is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Healthy heart rotis
3. Diabetics with heart issues
4. Diabetic rotis
5. High fibre to lower cholesterol
6. Low cholesterol rotis
7. High fibre for kids
Herbed Paneer Paratha is high in
1. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 161 calories that come from Herbed Paneer Paratha?
Walking (6 kmph) = 48 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 16 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 21 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 28 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.