Palak Methi Muthia
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 172 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56325 times
Palak Methi Muthia represents perfection in flavour, nutrition and visual appeal. The flavours of spinach and fenugreek balance each other very well in these steamed iron and folic acid rich dumplings, which get a further boost in aroma from the tempering of mustard and sesame seeds. Palak Methi Muthia makes a delicious treat when served with nutritious green chutney.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well to make a soft dough using very little water.
- Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions and shape each portion into approximately 125 mm. (5”) length and 25 mm (1”) in diameter cylindrical roll.
- Arrange the rolls on a sieve and steam in a steamer for 10 minutes or till a knife inserted into the muthia comes out clean.
- Remove, cool slightly and cut into 25 mm. (1 “) slices. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the muthia pieces and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Pack in an air-tight box along with nutritious green chutney.
- It will take approx. 20 minutes on a medium flame for the muthias to be cooked till done.
- To check if the muthias are done, insert a toothpick in the centre. If it come out clean, the muthias are cooked.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 136 calories|
|Protein|| 6.1 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 15.1 gm|
|Fat|| 5.7 gm|
|Fibre|| 4.6 gm|
|Folic Acid|| 92.5 mcg|
|Iron|| 2.2 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.