Nourishing Moong Soup ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 115 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 148521 times
moong soup recipe | weight loss moong soup | moong soup with carrots and paneer | heathy pregnancy soup | with 15 amazing images.
moong soup is a perfect weight loss moong soup recipe. We show you how to make moong soup and a nice variation of moong soup with carrots and paneer.
moong soup, is made of pressure cooked moong which is then boiled with water and cooked, subtly flavoured with curry leaves and lemon juice. This weight loss moong soup is easily digestible and high on energy.
Let’s see why this is a heathy pregnancy moong soup. Moong dal or green moong dal is rich in Folate, Vitamin B9 or folic acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells and is pregnancy friendly.
Perfect weight loss moong soup. As Moong is low in fat and high in protein and fibre, eating mung beans will keep you fuller for a longer time and great for weightloss. Lentils and beans are Antioxidants which are known to reduce high blood pressure.
To enhance the nutritive value of the nourishing moong soup, add ¼ cup of low-fat chopped paneer and ¼ cup of grated carrots. This will make moong soup with carrots and paneer.
Learn to make moong soup recipe | weight loss moong soup | moong soup with carrots and paneer | heathy pregnancy soup | with step by step photos below.
- To make nourishing moong soup, clean and wash the moong, add 5 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, asafoetida and moong(along with water), mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well. Serve the nourishing moong soup hot garnished with coriander.
- To enhance the nutritive value of the nourishing moong soup, add ¼ cup of low-fat chopped paneer and ¼ cup of grated carrots after step 4 and simmer till the carrots are tender.
Nourishing Moong Soup ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy ) recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serve
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.