Roman Style Pumpkin Soup ( Healthy Soups and Salads Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17083 times
Satisfaction guaranteed! There is no doubt about anybody not liking the Roman Style Pumpkin Soup, because it transforms the humble pumpkin into nothing short of a sumptuous delicacy. This cream soup, made with vitamin A and calcium rich pumpkin and calcium rich low-fat milk is very appealing in terms of colours and flavours. Red pumpkin when blended with milk and potatoes give thickness to the soup, so there is no need to add any cream to this soup.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the pumpkin and potatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the milk and 1 cup of hot water, mix well and cook on a medium flamefor 5 to 7 minutes, till the potatoes and the pumpkin get cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée back to the pan, add the thyme, salt, pepper and 1½ cups of hot water, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot garnished with a sprig of mint.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.