Moong Dal Dosa, Healthy Pregnancy Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 273 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 82245 times
The cereal and pulse combination makes this recipe a good source of quality protein. These thin, crisp dosas made of moong dal and rice make a terrific breakfast especially during your first trimester .
The fibre and vitamin content of the recipe is also good due to the addition of parboiled rice. Parboiled rice is a thick variety of unpolished rice that is used to make South Indian snacks like idlis and dosas .
- Wash and soak the moong dal and par-boiled rice in enough water in a deep bowl for at least 3 hours. Drain.
- Combine the moong dal and par-boiled rice in a mixer and blend till smooth using approx. 1¼ cups of water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, cover it with a lid and allow it to ferment in a warm place for at least 8 to 10 hours.
- Add the salt and approx. ¼ cup of water and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle.
- Smear a little oil over it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns golden brown in colour and crisp.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 14 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with and sambhar and coconut chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.