Added to 404 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60355 times
When you are in Andhra Pradesh, you must try their famous whole green moong dosas, known as Pesarattu. On the other hand, you can try it right away in your own kitchen!
These delicious green gram dosas include a little bit of rice for crispness, as well as green chillies and ginger for an elegant flavour.
They are usually filled with sautéed onions, but some people like to use raw onions and coriander, instead. Yet others like to serve it as Special Pesarattu, stuffed with delicious rava upma!
Get the base recipe right, and the rest is left to your imagination.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the ginger and green chillies in a mixer and blend till coarse.
- Add the whole moong, rice and 1 cup of water and blend to a coarse mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add 1 cup of water and salt and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the mixture on the tava (griddle) and spread it evenly in a circular motion to make 125 mm. (6”) diameter round.
- Smear a little oil around the edges, sprinkle a little onions mixture evenly over it and cook on a medium flame, till the pesarattu turns golden brown in colour.
- When the lower side of the pesarattu is lightly browned, turn it over and cook on a medium flame on the other side using a little oil till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 14 more pesarattu.
- Serve immediately with coriander coconut chutney.
Nutrient values per pesarattu
|Vitamin A||49.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.